Xiaomi is a brand that makes smartphones that are very popular worldwide, especially because they are affordable and have many features. One of the cool things about Xiaomi phones is that they have a special design called MIUI, which makes the phone look and work in a particular way. However, not everyone likes this design, and that’s where custom ROMs come in. Custom ROMs are like different ways to design and use your phone, and there are many other options available for Xiaomi Redmi phones.
We will talk about eight of the best custom ROMs available for Xiaomi Redmi phones. Each ROM is like a different way of using your phone, with different features and looks. Some are very simple and easy to use, while others have many different options and settings you can customize. However, it’s important to know that installing a custom ROM can be a little bit risky, so it’s important to be careful and follow the instructions carefully.
So, if you’re interested in trying out a new way of using your Xiaomi Redmi phone, keep reading! We’ll talk about some of the best custom ROMs available and explain what makes them unique. Whether you want something simple and easy to use or something with lots of features and options, there’s a custom ROM out there for you!
Best ROMs for Redmi Note Series
These custom ROMs we’re talking about are very famous among people who use Android phones, and they are also very good at helping to keep your phone working properly. The people who make these ROMs are constantly working to make them better, and they make sure to give you updates so that your phone keeps working well.
1. Lineage OS 16
Lineage OS is a type of custom ROM that is very famous because it was one of the first ones to exist. It doesn’t have as many features as some of the other ROMs, but it’s a good starting point for other custom ROMs. It has some cool features, like changing the color of the screen and having apps you don’t get with regular phones.
Some of the features of Lineage OS are:
- LiveDisplay, which lets you change the color of the screen
- Apps like AudioEQ, Gallery App, Audio Recorder, and Screen Recorder that you don’t usually get
- PrivacyGuard, which lets you manage all your app permissions in one place
- Trust, which tells you how safe your phone is
- Caffeine Quick Tile, which lets you turn off the screen timeout feature
- NavBar Customization lets you hide or move the buttons on the bottom of the screen.
Currently, Lineage OS is good enough to use every day on most phones, but some bugs still need to be fixed. Some of these bugs can be fixed by going to the XDA website for Redmi Note 5 Pro. It doesn’t have an official status yet because of these bugs, but it’s still a good ROM to try out.
2. Oxygen OS Port
Oxygen OS is a special design for Android phones that people really like. Even though it was made for a different phone called OnePlus, some people have made it work on Redmi Note 5 Pro too. Unfortunately, it has some problems right now and might not be good enough to use every day, but if you really want to try it out, you can use it as a custom ROM.
OxygenOS has some cool features like:
- One Plus Ecosystem, which means you get cool things like ringtones, wallpapers, and icons from OnePlus phones
- Gestures, which means you can move around the phone without using buttons
- Gaming/Fanatic Mode, which means you won’t get interrupted by notifications when playing games
- Accent Changer and Dark Mode, which means you can change the colors of the phone and make it easier on your eyes
- Parallel App, which means you can use two different accounts for the same app
- App Locker, which means you can lock your apps so other people can’t see them.
If you want to try Oxygen OS on your Note 5 Pro, you need to be careful and read the instructions carefully. It might also mean you have to change the software on your phone to an older version.
3. /e/ OS
/e/ OS is a custom ROM that’s not very common, but it’s really special because it doesn’t use Google as most phones do. Instead, it uses something called microG, which is open-source and can do a lot of things that Google can do.
The new custom ROMs that are coming out for Redmi Note 5 Pro are really cool because they can be customized a lot. Some of the features include:
- Privacy Score, which tells you how safe different apps are and how much they might be tracking you
- Ungoogling, which means it doesn’t use Google and instead uses other services like Mozilla Location Services
- Uninstall Pre-installed apps, which means you can get rid of apps that come with the phone that you don’t want
- Unparalleled privacy means it doesn’t look at your data or track where you are.
If you’re worried about your privacy, you might want to try out /e/ OS. It works with most apps, and you don’t need Google to use it.
4. Pixel Experience
Pixel Experience is a custom ROM that lets you make your phone look and work like a Google Pixel phone, even if you don’t have one. The ROM is very strict and only includes apps and features found on Pixel phones, so it’s just like using one of those phones.
However, some Pixel-exclusive features might not work on every phone because they depend on the hardware. One of the cool things about Pixel Experience is that it has a lot of things from Google, like fonts, ringtones, and wallpapers.
Some of the features of Pixel Experience include:
- Button Customization, which lets you change the buttons at the bottom of the screen
- Full-screen display, which lets you make apps use the whole screen without the notch getting in the way
- Lockscreen toggle, which shows you cool pictures or music when the phone is locked
- Google Camera, which is a really good camera app
Pixel Experience is pretty good and can be used every day, but a bug might make your phone restart if the battery gets really low. However, the battery life is usually pretty good with this ROM.
5. Samsung Experience 9.5 Port
If you miss how Samsung phones look and work, you can get the Samsung Experience on your Redmi Note 5 Pro with a special custom ROM called the Samsung Experience 9.5 port. But there’s a tradeoff – you won’t be able to use the newest Android version, Pie.
The Samsung Experience ROM doesn’t really have any problems, but sometimes some of the Samsung features might not work on a non-Samsung phone. However, it can still be used daily, but you need to be careful when updating it. The only problem is that this ROM won’t get any updates or bug fixes anymore, but it’s still a good option if you’re bored with other ROMs.
Some of the features of the Samsung Experience ROM include:
- Keyboard Layout, which lets you customize how the keyboard looks
- Finder, which is a search tool for finding contacts, messages, and files
- Bixby Alarm, which tells you the weather and news when you wake up
- Color Lens, which lets you change the color of the screen to make it easier on your eyes.
6. Havoc OS
Havoc OS is a custom ROM based on AOSP, and it’s a good choice if you like Pixel Experience but want even more features. The ROM has a lot of different features that you can find on other source trees on GitHub.
The Havoc OS ROM doesn’t have any bugs, but it doesn’t get updated as often as some other ROMs like Lineage OS. But it’s really cool because it has a lot of options for making your phone look and work how you want it to. You can change the colors and the font, and it even has a theme manager that changes the accent color of your phone based on your wallpaper.
Some of the features of Havoc OS include:
- Sensor block per package, which saves battery life by turning off specific sensors for certain apps
- Smart pixel, which turns off some pixels on the screen to save battery life
- Configuration Center, which lets you customize pretty much every feature on the phone
- Burn-in protection, which helps keep the screen from getting discolored.
Havoc OS is a good choice if you want a lot of customization options on your phone!
7. AOSP Extended
AOSP Extended is another custom ROM option for Redmi Note 5 Pro. It’s similar to Resurrection Remix, which is another custom ROM because they both try to include as many features as possible. The big difference is that Resurrection Remix is based on Lineage OS, while AOSP Extended is based on AOSP.
Resurrection Remix is an older custom ROM, but it’s not available for the Redmi Note series with Android Pie. AOSP Extended, on the other hand, has a lot of features that you can use on your device.
Some of the cool features of custom ROMs for Redmi Note 5 Pro include:
- UI customization using rootless substratum support and Dirty Unicorn’s Font engine
- Adaptive AOSP icons and AEX wallpapers
- One-Handed UI, which makes the screen smaller so you can reach everything with one hand.
Some other features of AOSP Extended include:
- Fling, which is a gesture-based navigation system
- SmartBar, which lets you customize the navigation bar with custom buttons and actions
- Advanced Reboot Quick Tile, which lets you restart your phone or enter recovery mode from the quick settings
- Recent panel has three types, which lets you quickly access recent apps and multitask by splitting the screen in half.
8. Viper OS
Viper OS is another custom ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro. It’s been around for a while, and it aims to be stable and have valuable features without adding too many unnecessary things.
The people who make Viper OS test all the features thoroughly before adding them. They even remove things from Lineage OS that they think are unnecessary and might make the ROM less stable.
Even though Viper OS is based on Lineage OS, it’s a lot cleaner and simpler. It doesn’t come with the substratum theme engine, but it does have a color engine, Quick settings themes, and a font manager.
Here are some other features of Viper OS:
- Quick toggles, which let you turn on and off VPN, data saver, or heads-up notifications quickly
- SELinux, which controls which processes have access to which files and paths on your device
- Color engine, which lets you change the colors of the device theme, accent color, QS tile, and lock screen
- Feed, which lets you swipe right on the home screen to see Google’s newsfeed.
- Viper OS focuses a lot on stability, so it doesn’t have as many features as other custom ROMs. But that makes it more reliable and ready to use as your daily driver
because there are almost no bugs. However, there is one feature that doesn’t work, which is a wireless display.